Monday 13 August 2012

The Great Big Stitched Postcard Swap 2012


Today I posted my Postcard for the 5th Great Big Stitched Postcard Swap.

The Great Big Stitched Postcard Swap is a quarterly global swap of stitched postcard love, where people across the world make a postcard-sized piece of art using any materials they like.  The only rules are that it needs to include some kind of stitching, and it needs to fit with that quarter’s swap theme.



The theme of Discovery was a challenge to me personally, but I wanted to share what I felt others should discover, after discovering it recently myself.....

The Art of Doodling

To make this postcard possible I used a combination of canvas paper , stitch, and scrap fabric. I sent the fabric through my inkjet printer (not recommended) and printed a quote I found inspiring 'to Doodle is to make spontaneous marks to help you think'.

I then hand-stitched some 'doodles' to complete the design. to finish the postcard I sewed the front and back together and filled it with a thin layer of wadding to create a chunky effect.

Here are a few pictures of the Front and back of my postcard:





I hope you discover the art of Doodling soon enough :-)


1 comment: